The right shoes can pull together an outfit and make everything you're wearing look stylish. On the other hand, the lack of this right shoe can make your otherwise well put together outfit look like it's missing something. So the question is which shoes do you absolutely need in order to take every outfit to the next level?
This is a list compiled from various very reliable fashion sources... but mostly my own opinion! The exact shoes are my personal preferences but you should personalize to suite your own fashion style and personality.
1. Black Pump: This really should go without saying but I'll say it just in case someone doesn't know: Every woman MUST have a pair of black pumps in her closet. Personally, I think she should have several... The black pump is perfect for pretty much every outfit, everything from a wrap dress to meet his parents, with a suite at the office (skirt or pant suite), to jeans and dressy top for a night out with the girls.
|Rocha, Nine West|
2. Nude Pump/Peep-Toe: The nude shoe, whether a pump or peep-toe can add a nice touch of sophisticated class to any outfit and they are the ultimate leg lengthener. But, it is very important to have the right shade of nude to match your skin tone (typically they have yellow, pink or beige undertones so be sure to try on several to find your perfect shade).
|Myleene, Hush Puppies|
4. Evening Heels: This should be a classic, elegant shoe or sandal that will go with any outfit you have for an evening at the opera, date at a fancy restaurant or a formal wedding.
|Cody, Bagley Mischka|
|Dolce and Gabbana|
5. Brown Leather Sandal: This is a necessity for summer. Perfect to wear with jeans, skirts and flowy summer dresses. There is no question about it, you simply need to have these. The only question is which exact style you like best.
6. Tall Black Boots: If you're only going to have one pair of black boots, than this is a great example of what that boot should be. Knee high, good heel height but not outrageously so, with a clean, sleek profile. You want to be able to wear it with a pencil skirt to the office and with a short skirt to the club.
|Aggy, Nine West|
7. Wedge: Another summer essential; adds height but allows for a day of strolling through Yorkville or the boardwalk along the beach. Go for the Espadrille style, like the Hugghins by Aldo, for a dressier look or a wider wedge like the Reiley for a more casual outfit.
8. Tall City Boots (Riding Boots): There are so many ways to wear these boots, it's almost criminal not to have a pair in your wardrobe; wear them with a sweater/shirt dress with tights for a chic feminine look, over a pair of skinny jeans for a trendy fashionable style, or under boot-cut jeans for any look you feel like... seriously, these are essential, especially here with our long fall weather.
|Catriona, Anne Klein|
|Chaminade, Miz Mooz|
9. Canvas Sneakers: Comfy and chic. That's the short and sweet description and it's really quite accurate. They are comfortable and pair them with capris for a chic casual Friday, with shorts for a sporty day at the beach and a cute sundress for Sunday brunch.
|Celeb Twill, Keds|
10. The Statement Shoe: This is the shoe or sandal that makes you feel elegant, hot, sexy or super-what-ever-you-want-to-feel! It should be a reflection of your personality, whether that be your inner vixen, sex goddess or quirky thespian. Whatever it is, it should be traffic-stopping!
|Doetzen3 Heels, Nine West Boutique 9|